
We were called a few days ago and asked to be at church outside the Bishop's office at 8:30 this morning. DREAD! Peter and I dutifully went and were asked to accept a calling together. Teaching in PRIMARY!!! Not just any primary class though. We were called to teach SUNBEAMS! (3 to 4 year olds for those who don't know). Fear, angst, terror, dread. I have said many times in the past few years that I wouldn't mind a more challenging calling, but that I didn't want to be put back into Primary again. Apparently the Lord knows what I need to learn and experience. In the prayer when Peter and I were set apart it was very evident that the Lord is aware of us. Peter was blessed that his natural patience with children would be a blessing in this calling. I was blessed that I would come to enjoy the calling and see the little children as God sees them and loves them!
It's not that I don't like/love kids. It's just that I get so stressed sitting in the Primary room during sharing/singing time. All the little voices, and fidgeting and trying to keep the kids I am in charge of quiet, etc. And those HARD plastic chairs!
In any case. I really am grateful for the new calling. I need to be stretched and challenged. I have started to become complacent in a way with the seemingly simple calling that I have had for the last year and a half. I also think that getting to team teach with my husband will be fun. We were both blessed in the prayer that this calling would bring us closer together.
Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, to shine for him each day. . .

3 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Okay! Sorry about that. I'm ready to be serious now. Welcome back to Primary!! I know you'll do great!! I loved hearing about your priesthood blessings! Those are pretty neat! Good luck with those cute little Sunbeams! They'll love you!!
You know that the only calling in the church where I actually felt I was worth any grain of salt was in teaching primary. I was always happier by the end of the day, and I believe that my kids learned something. Trust me, yes I know this is ME saying this, but I think you will be better off from this.
Post a Comment